Atlanta, ga
FC - free chlorine 1 ppm
CC = Combined Chloramines 0
TC= total chlorine 1
PH 8.2
TA - Total alkalinty 70
CH - calcium hardness 125 ppm
CYA - cyanuric acid...aka stabilizer/conditioner 50

I tested my pool about 3 weeks ago and the CYA was 150 or more. I drained the pool about half way and it was around 100. So, I had to drain again. I drained it and left about 1/4 of the water. I just tested the CYA and its at 50!!!!! Now that I have that taken care of, what do I need to do? I'm a little lost. My readings are above. I used the TF-100 test kit.

According to the pool calculator I have to add the following:
1) 75 oz of 6% bleach. The beach that I bough says 8.25% Sodium Hypochlorite. Do I add 75 oz of this bleach?
2) 22 oz of muriatic acid
3) 127 oz baking soda
4) 253 oz calcium chloride. Is this the same thing as Calcium Hardness Increaser? I bought it at Home Depot. I couldn't find calcium chloride anywhere.

My test kit did not come with a Borate test. Do I need to purchase one? If so, where do you recommend?

My last question. How should I add all these chemicals? All at the same time or space them out? Any recommendation would be awesome.

Disregard the TA right now.
You can play with that later.

Add the MA to get the pH down.
Wait 15 minutes while circulating and retest and adjust again if necessary.

Add the Bleach to get the FC up.
Test after 30 minutes of circulating. If you've hit your mark, continue on.

Then add the CH.

How does your water look?

Have you read :lookhere: ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry yet?

It should do the job. If your water is cloudy, then maybe you should SLAM the pool. Your FC is really low and I wouldn't be surprised if you were harboring algae spores in the pool. I'd hold off on the Calcium until the pool is clear. Get the pH down and SLAM (pH will read a false high during a SLAM) and brush the pool like mad. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.