new pool owner please help and advice

acscm

Jun 28, 2014
Maple valley,wa
i we got a used intex pool 16 x42 has regular pump and after 2 weeks went green , we don't have vacuum.
We are planning to get the salt water system and the sand pump.

We check prices and walmart and intex Krystal clear saltwater filter pump 2150 for 168 dollar
And Krystal clear saltwater system 15 ,000 gls for 123 Dollar

Is that all we need or do we still need to buy vacuum and skimmer?

Sorry we really don't know anything about it!!! Our friends give us the pool and we used shock and so much that my husband tried with homemade filters that it was a mess and after 2 weeks on working it went worse.

Thank you so much

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Sounds like you need to SLAM your pool, but first, you need a good test kit to complete the SLAM. Every pool owner needs a good test kit! You can check them out here :lookhere: Test Kit Comparison

You can use a SWG BUT, you still have to SLAM the pool before you can use the SWG. Having this SWG will not free you up to not having to keep an eye on the pool. You still have to test it daily.

You should really look into a better pump and a skimmer box for the pool. The Above Ground Pool Forum is *loaded* with threads on modifications that will give you the know how on how to do this as a DIY. Then, you can get a nice vac to use on the pool weekly. :goodjob:

Now, onto the SLAM I have been speaking of it's called Shock Level And Maintain, with maintaining being the key factor! If you don't maintain the shock level, you aren't shocking, or as we say it, SLAM'ing the pool. You can read over that here :lookhere: SLAMing Your Pool. You are done SLAM'ing the poo when you pass an Overnight FC Loss Test.

It is also recommended that you read the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry. :goodjob:

Ask any and all questions and we'll help you get your pool sparkily!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.