Adding CYA to 12' Easyset?

Jun 2, 2014
Bend, OR
Received the CYA, I know I need to put it in a sock and place in front of the return jet, but one question...like a woman's nylon sock or a regular cotton sock? I should start slow with the CYA no? It's only about 1400 gal, brand new fill few days ago.
PH 7.5
CL 5'ish

Thanks in advance!
I've been all over pool school but it never mentions what type of sock? Unless I missed ;)

Received the CYA, I know I need to put it in a sock and place in front of the return jet, but one question...like a woman's nylon sock or a regular cotton sock? I should start slow with the CYA no? It's only about 1400 gal, brand new fill few days ago.
PH 7.5
CL 5'ish

Thanks in advance!
I've been all over pool school but it never mentions what type of sock? Unless I missed ;)
In your case, I'd just measure out enough to hit the target and add it all at once. Your pool is small enough that if you accidentally overshoot a little, draining of a bit and refilling it will take an hour, not days and days.

A nylon is more porous, a sock can withstand more abuse, if there are children involved. :eek:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.