Using Auxilary Inputs on Hayward P4

Oct 15, 2010
I currently have the pro logic system and one of the aux1 is used to manually turn on/off my landscaping lights.

The landscaping lights are connected to a small black transformer box which is connected to an outdoor electrical outlet that is connected to the Hayward p4 panel. When I want to turn the lights on, I simply hit the aux1 button on the remote.

Now I have installed a sprinkler system and was hoping to use the 2nd outlet on this outdoor electrical outlet. Is there a way for me to do this so that my sprinkler system can be turned on without the landscaping lights going on? The sprinkler system has it's own panel that I'm trying to connect to that same electrical outlet. I was hoping to somehow use the aux2 input on the p4 system, keep it turned on at all times and let the timer on the sprinkler system decide when to turn it on/off.

How do I go about setting this up right? I presume I could simply use the existing aux1 for both landscape lighting and sprinkler system but then both would go on when I may only want one of them on.

Thoughts??

Thanks
Marco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for the time being, I could just disconnect the landscape lighting, plug in the chord to the sprinkler system and then have someone come and rewire it? Is it hard to change the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.