New fill after 3rd leveling move

kjlail

Jun 3, 2014
Granite Falls, NC
Okay first of all we have moved our pool 3 times so far this summer. The first time it was about 6 inches off. The second time it was about 4 inches off. This time I believe it's between 1&2 inches so I am going to keep it there. However I tested the water and I have a Walmart test kit which I know is not the best but my PH side is purple my chlorine side is a bright yellow see picture below. What do I need to do? View pictures
a8e8ybub.jpg

The FC level is fairly high, too high for the PH test to work correctly.

There are huge advantages to getting a better test kit. Lacking that, perhaps you could get a set of results from a pool store.

Okay first of all we have moved our pool 3 times so far this summer. The first time it was about 6 inches off. The second time it was about 4 inches off. This time I believe it's between 1&2 inches so I am going to keep it there. However I tested the water and I have a Walmart test kit which I know is not the best but my PH side is purple my chlorine side is a bright yellow see picture below. What do I need to do? View pictures
a8e8ybub.jpg
Just wait.

If you haven't added any stabilizer, that superhigh FC will go down to a reasonable number within hours and then you can get accurate pH readings. Right now, if someone gets in they might have eye or skin irritation and swimsuits will fade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.