Salt Generator question

Most units have some kind of diagnostic display, which can be checked. At the very least there will be an error light if something major is wrong, though there can still be milder problems that won't always light that light.

The simplest test is to see if there is any chlorine in the water. If there is, it presumably came from the SWG. There are also slightly more complex ways to measure the chlorine output from the unit.

A couple of quick checks I use include looking for a steady stream of very small bubbles coming out of a return, if the bubbles are there the cell is generating, also you can capture a water sample right in the return stream and test the chlorine level, it should be higher than the pools overall level. In both cases make sure your SWG shows the cell is on before checking, if not on I bump my output to 100% while checking the SWG then return it back to the previous level once done.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.