Purelink Run Times

May 23, 2007
Michigan
I live in Michigan and it has not got real warm yet and my new Purelink (Self Install) does not appear to be producing enough chlorine. I think it may have to do with my pump run times and output setting.

32K In ground Liner
Aqua Pure 1400
Salt 3400 PPM
Output at 50%
Run time 6AM - 6PM
CYA 70

Does anyone have a simular set-up for me to judge by?

Thanks

A 12 hour run time during the day is very reasonable for an appropriately sized SWG. I am not familiar with that particular model. From their specs it appears to be reasonable for your pool. Some manufactures overstate the size of pool that their units are suitable for or assume 24/7 pump run times.

If the water is too cold SWGs don't work very well. This is mostly an issue in the 60s or below. Another, less likely, possibility is that you might have some algae growing. SWGs have a hard time beating algae on their own once the algae has gotten started.

Checking Output

The generator says to do a water test away from a outlet and at the outlets to see if it's working. Will the differance be noticable enough with the quick test kit or would a DPD test be better. I don't see much of a differance with the quick test .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.