Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Purelink Run Times

1. Back To Top    #1

Purelink Run Times

I live in Michigan and it has not got real warm yet and my new Purelink (Self Install) does not appear to be producing enough chlorine. I think it may have to do with my pump run times and output setting.

32K In ground Liner
    Aqua Pure 1400
    Salt 3400 PPM
    Output at 50%
    Run time 6AM - 6PM
    CYA 70

Does anyone have a simular set-up for me to judge by?

Thanks
    20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)

2. Back To Top    #2
    A 12 hour run time during the day is very reasonable for an appropriately sized SWG. I am not familiar with that particular model. From their specs it appears to be reasonable for your pool. Some manufactures overstate the size of pool that their units are suitable for or assume 24/7 pump run times.

If the water is too cold SWGs don't work very well. This is mostly an issue in the 60s or below. Another, less likely, possibility is that you might have some algae growing. SWGs have a hard time beating algae on their own once the algae has gotten started.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Checking Output

The generator says to do a water test away from a outlet and at the outlets to see if it's working. Will the differance be noticable enough with the quick test kit or would a DPD test be better. I don't see much of a differance with the quick test .
    20*40 Liner 2'-8' deep, Spill Over SPA, Electric Cover, Jandy Purelink (Aquapure & PDA), Hayward SP2610x15 (1.5HP Single Speed), Hayward H300 (Millavolt)