Spa is draining in spa mode?

Mindflux

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
It's been some time since I've used the spa. We had friends over today and I put the thing in spa mode and noticed the level steadily going down.

I went and checked the Jandy valves and my return valves were rotated what I think is the right way.. but I was losing spa water like I was in "spa drain" mode.

The top valve is the return valve, it's half way to the neutral position (so the spa return is open and the pool return too?)

The bottom valve is turned far right, which opens the spa drain and blocks off the pool return.

This seems like the spa would drain given that "Spa drain" is in the full open position... but it also seems like it shouldn't be in spa drain mode at all as it would be returning the hot water to the pool and filtration system?

GW6MjlP.jpg

Well, about 135 degrees CCW viewed from the top if you want to be in spa mode.

If that is where it stopped, you may need to open up the actuator and change the cams so it will move to the correct place.

Actually, the position it is in might be your normal "pool mode" position since it would allow some spa overflow. Try flipping the switch on the actuator and see if it moves at all.

Ok I put it back in spa mode and flipped the actuator switch to the ON2 position

OFIGFhQ.jpg

This is what it is now, which seems right.. so now the water drains from the spa, goes into the heater and back out to only the spa.

What's odd is I'm the only one who touches the system.. and that lever is under the actuator and not easy to just accidentally toggle.

So so weird.

That is correct for the spa mode. If you turn it back to pool mode and they both turn back, then seems like you fixed the problem ... mystery gremlin must have flipped the switch :D

The real mystery is how pool mode continued working. If the pool drain was opened wide but the pool return was closed completely (as if it were in the proper spa mode).. the only way water would have returned to the pool is via spa overflow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.