Gone for 2 months and return to a swamp

May 13, 2014
San Diego, CA
So, I've been fairly active here mostly asking questions over the last couple of months.

The reason is I am in the Navy and have been away from home, and have been doing my homework by reading pool school, checking out the CYA charts, the Pool math, etc...

Going through and reading the slime to sparkly stories have inspired me to do the TFP method, and I have my swamp to sparkly pool story.

The story goes as this... We purchased the house last year, and the pool must have started with at least 100 CYA... from there it only got worse as I got pool stored. I wised up to the scam once I went in the store and was told I needed to "stabilize" my pool right after I was told to Shock it.

Anyways, I decided that since I knew the CYA was high, I needed to order the TF-100 kit so i could test for myself... It was waiting for me when i got home 2 days ago.

About a week before I returned home we had a filter blowout due to the lid clamp failing.

I repaired the filter, and got started on the SLAM.

Here are the pictures from about 6pm Wednesday to 5pm Friday

Trust me... TFP method works...

Now for the numbers.

(Still in SLAM)

FC 19
CC 0
CYA 45
TA 120
PH 7.4

Thanks for all the advice all the pros here give!

Well done!
attachment.php

You've got it figured out -- pass it on and answer some questions!

SWEET! You did it! That is great for only 48 hours.

Is that a lab I see behind the fence in one picture? Is the fence to keep him out of the pool???????? LOL We cannot allow our lab/mastiff mix on the deck unless we want to help him OUT of the pool! He gets in just fine by his self! The getting out is a problem.

Kim

SWEET! You did it! That is great for only 48 hours.

Is that a lab I see behind the fence in one picture? Is the fence to keep him out of the pool???????? LOL We cannot allow our lab/mastiff mix on the deck unless we want to help him OUT of the pool! He gets in just fine by his self! The getting out is a problem.

Kim

He's actually a lab/st. bernard mix... he got into the pool a few times before we got the fence installed, even though his hair still ends up in the pool... he sheds a small chihuahua every day it seems.

Congrats on defeating that green monster and thank you for your service!

I have a German Rottweiler and I sweep up baby Rottweilers every 2 days. :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
He does not want to and our steps are the ladder like ones-straight up and down.

I hear you on the hair. I have two dogs. Bos is an American Bulldog. He does not shed much. Bull is our Mastiff/ lab mix sheds a LOT! I brush and brush and brush (which he loves) and 30 mins. later can brush more out! Oh well I still love him! LOL

Kim

Last edited:
This is obviously off topic but since the pool looks so nice (an inspiring story !!) I'll just point out that (believe it or not) vacuuming dogs is a great way to keep the hair under control. Some dogs never get to like it, but we had a couple of dogs that would follow anyone with a vacuum cleaner around the house and whine to be vacuumed.

Vacuum once a day and you have an almost no-shed dog, much easier than crossing it with a poodle :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.