New England Pool Project - Nearing Completion

Fossey19

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 26, 2013
MA, USA
Last year, we decided to begin a transformation of our underutilized back yard. It was hilly, uneven, and quite honestly a bit of an eyesore....

We knew it would take considerable time and expense, but as we are nearing completion I thought I would begin to share the transformation we underwent since I drew a lot of inspiration from other pools being shared on this site.

Broke ground on 12/04/2013.

111713.jpg
pool1.jpg

ep1.jpg
ep2.jpg

Thanks. :) It's a beautiful piece of masonry, but I think it's a bit too short (length not height) on the left of the stairs facing the house. Might need to amend that. Will get to a pic of that soon.

Next up was the deck prepwork:
061014_1.jpg

061614_1.jpg

061614_2.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you look at the top photo in the last set (right side of wall facing house) vs the last photo (left side of wall when facing house). It seems like the wall should continue and come down in grade and that those three rocks look out of place.

I would agree with that assessment of the wall aesthetics.

There will be another seating wall on the other side of around 18" in height. Hard to see in the above pics but there is an ~1' gap between the wall and deck that I will put down landscaping paper and river rock on. Same thing on other side. Still a couple weeks of work to go...

Love the pool! Love the wall BUT do agree with you about it being too short and the three rocks looking out of place. I thought they were just put there waiting to be put where they belong.......

What is the gray stuff/area to the left? Do I see pool pipes sticking up on the left side of the house as well? If that is for stuff for the pool you are going to want easy, clean access to it that is easy on the feet.

Thanks for sharing!

Kim

That's a spot for the shed, although we may adjust it somewhat. The pipes are indeed for the pool EQ. Was thinking of using the same river rock around that area but will consider the easy on the feet angle some more.

I will tell you that I do most of the work on/with/to the pool is while I am dressed for the pool with bare feet so easy on the feet is a good idea for anything to do with the pool. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Kim

The wall is amazing! I hope they can lengthen it for you. This will be a great pool when it is finished. I like the stamped concrete pattern you chose. I agree with kimkats's suggestion for being able to walk to pool equipment in bare feet or flipflops...

Thanks :) Really looking forward to completion so we can get the landscaping underway. Should have some new pics in a week. I may take some blue stone that I had previously used under the deck and make a path through the river rock with that near the EQ so it's easy on the feet, so thanks again for that suggestion. Have a Happy 4th everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.