Thank you TFP!!

Jun 10, 2014
Cypress, TX
I started the TFP method a month ago at the recommendation of a friend/neighbor. I read as much as I could on the forum and about the method. I ordered my kit :testkit: , bought my bleach, replaced 60% of my water (to lower CA), ordered my chemicals (calcium chloride) and took off running. The results are fantastic!! :D Now, I can test the water and make adjustments on MY schedule. The only things I go to the pool store to buy are MA and pool toys. It used to be a constant struggle to keep the chlorine in the pool and the mustard algae away. So far, so good. The clarity of the water is amazing, and the whole family has commented on it :whoot:. See the pic as evidence. Keeping my fingers crossed that the success will continue, and my only "issue" will be getting the june bugs and my daughters' hair barrettes out of the water. :swim:

TFP Pool at night.jpg

I have banned hair barrettes, but my daughters' friends inevitably will lose one or two of these rust culprits. I devised a perfect way to pick up hair barrettes from the pool floor before they have a chance to rust and stain (of which I unfortunately have several). Take two magnets (available at a hardware or hobby/craft store) and put one inside your leaf rake/net. On the outside of the leaf rake or net attach the second magnet to the first. Now just run the net along the pool floor, and the magnet picks up the barrettes.

I currently have 3 rust stains that I am pretty sure was the result of a hair barrette. Only hair ties without metal now allowed :hammer:

Reminds me I should get some vitamin C and try to get rid of them ....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.