"Fill sand" for bottom of Intex pool?

If your ground is level you most likely won't need 3 yards of sand. It all depends on what you are using the sand for. If you have pavers buried already for the legs, and are only using the sand to fill in wavy areas, it won't require much at all. If you are placing your pavers on top of your leveled ground, you'll likely need 2 or 3 yards. You will probably have leftover sand if you get 3 yards. But better to have too much than not enough. Just remember if you are using sand to bring pool bottom up to the level of your pavers, you need to have some way to contain the sand so it won't wash away.

Thank you, grounds not too bad and clay-ish and using sand to fill in waves like you said . I got 12x12x 1.5 or 1.75" pavers. Best to bury 1" in ground? Just giving some padding... I also bout 80' of 5" terrace board to surround the pool.

Leveling this weekend n hopefully setup

y4u8u9an.jpg

1" deep sand in a 18' circle will require .78 cubic yards of sand. So if you bury your pavers when you level them and leave 1" above ground 1 yard should be more than enough.

http://www.ataktrucking.com/materials-calculator/sand-calculator

After you spread and level your sand be sure to "rain" the sand in. You can use a water hose or a sprinkler to simulate rain to compact the sand. Dry sand just shifts around when you try to pack it.

Once the pool is full, you don't have to worry about footprints. The weight of the pool will keep the sand from shifting underneath it. However, (hindsight is 20/20) the only thing I wish I would have remembered to do after working on the wrinkles is to reach under the pool where ladder was sitting and smooth out the divots that were left under it when we got in and out to work out wrinkles.

Have you got one of the recommended test kits? If not, get one on the way. The strips don't cut it. Be careful adding cya. It takes a while to show up on tests. Trust me.... I know from experience. It won't hurt anything to stock up on bleach. Once you test pH you might need some baking soda or muratic acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.