Need advice on getting my grading done for 18 x 33 oval AG

Big Blue 72

In The Industry
Jul 11, 2008
I am ready to start digging and grading for the install on my new 18 x 33 aboveground swimming pool and have some questions.
I will be renting and operating a bobcat or backhoe to level out the yard which has about 12* degree slope.
Do i need to compact the soil afterwards?
it is a lot of clay base,and I'm not sure if should fill in with some sand then regrade and then have masonry sand for inside the pool or what kind of other prep work I should do after digging out with the machines.
I will be installing drain tile and a french drain around the perimeter of the pool also.
Any help would be greatly appreciated .I do masonry work and plumbing so I have experience there but this is only my second pool i9nstall, the other being a 33" above ground with minimal slope.
How high is the maximum for back filling against the top slope of the pool .I have heard that no more than half the height of the pool (52"wall height) without a retaining wall of some sort.
Is that correct?

Dig the entire area down to the lowest point at natural grade so the pool is sitting on undisturbed soil if at all possible. Avoid fill if you can. You can't get soil compacted well enough to not settle more under the weight of the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.