Weirdest creature you ever found in your pool (dead or alive)!!

Jun 20, 2014
Tucson, AZ
...and mother-in-laws don't count :tongue:

Not sure if this topic has been thoroughly discussed but I'd love to hear some stories.

The only weird thing that I ever found doing the backfloat in my pool (so far) was a scorpion. But I live in AZ so scorps are not really that weird...

Anyone else have a good story?? Extra points if you found it in some part of your plumbing or equipment instead....

My husband found this in our pool and decided to have fun with me...
u2ede2ys.jpg

Voles, moles, a rat, skinks, snakes (two in the same skimmer last weekend), mole crickets, mice and turtles. And once there was indeed a small frog in the basket at the pump. The window view distorted the view making it look much bigger than it was.

We get suicidal chipmunks all the time. I'll find frogs spinning in the skimmer basket, sometimes still alive. We've also had snakes but not so much anymore since we caulked around the pool wall.

But a couple of weeks ago, it had rained really hard. I was sitting on the deck looking at the pool when I saw something moving very quickly along the bottom of the pool. On closer inspection I discovered a very large crayfish. I don't know how it got in there. We do have a small creek at the edge of our property but seems like a long way for it to travel to the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Couple of years ago, had a bat show up. Pulled it out, let him dry off a bit and he flew off.
Watched a squirrel fall out of a maple tree from about 90' up. Spun several time on the way down and SPLAT ! Pulled himself right out and kept going......looked like a wet rat.

Couple of years ago, had a bat show up. Pulled it out, let him dry off a bit and he flew off.
Watched a squirrel fall out of a maple tree from about 90' up. Spun several time on the way down and SPLAT ! Pulled himself right out and kept going......looked like a wet rat.

Squirrels are rats! We call them tree rats in the sticks of PA... They make good eatin!

Couple of frogs my first year of pool owning. Crazy looking insects weirdest was a rhino beetle.

My second swim year I vacuumed a 22 bullet can it count? Yes I went over every inch of my pool looking for a hole, it had to have fell into our pool. After vacuuming I pulled skimmer basket and it clacked. I thought WTH when I saw it was a bullet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.