Low Range CYA Test Kit ? More Accurate CYA Testing?

Jun 29, 2013
I run CYA 20-40 ppm, which is the bottom of my K2006 testing range. The K2006 appears focused on those running their CYA higher. Is there a kit that covers a lower range?

And for that matter, if the focus were on a lower, narrower range, is there a kit that reads more accurately (e.g., 5 ppm increments) and/or easily?

Even after practicing with reference solutions, I never feel as confident or accurate as I want to be with CYA. CYA testing must be difficult, because I've heard of pool stores having trouble with it. And our health inspector (this is a community pool) clearly struggles to get meaningful data as well.

Thanks!

Taylor sells a view tube that will read down to 20 and is compatible with the same reagents, part # 9193. To do better than that you would need to spend several hundred dollars, which really isn't worth it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.