Major jump in TA and PH after adding Borox

Hi, this is my first post so forgive me if it's in the wrong section. I have an SWG and my readings this morning were as follows..

FC 4
CC 0
TA 70
PH 7.5
CH 150
CYA 60
Salt 3200

...I figured my readings were just where they should be so, I followed the directions to a T in the post regarding adding Borox to your pool. I used PoolMath to calculate the recommended amount of Muriatic acid and Mule Team Borax I should add. I started up the pump and did the deed. This was at 11:00 am, when I got home from work 8 hours later and took a reading my PH was 8.2 and my TA was 100! Did I do something wrong? I don't recall reading about other people's readings jumping up that high... Do I now go the route of dropping the PH real low again and airating like I did last week to lower my TA?... I recall reading that it was difficult to lower TA once there is Borax in the water.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks!

Just borated mine and had to add another 64 ounces of acid over what I figured as well. (was probably high already before with all the rain lately) Haven't checked TA. Just worry about the PH.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.