I have read the pool school and have been looking at the CYA/Chlorine chart but admit I'm a bit confused. We have an above ground that is about 12,000 gallons. The pool is crystal clear but has a strong odor. From my reading, I'm pretty sure we are dealing with an issue of too much Combined Chlorine but am not sure how to get it down. Here are the numbers from the test I just ran:
My husband has been using 6% bleach from Walmart, adding it at night. We get high readings until about mid-day the following day when it drops. Any direction you could give me would be greatly appreciated!