Torrential rains, drained some water & no chlorine

Shaz

Aug 19, 2012
We installed a Circupool Si45 about a month ago & it's been working perfectly-love it! Chlorine levels have been holding perfectly until we had a very heavy rainstorm two days ago (2.5 inches in 2 hours). I cleaned most of the debris from pool that evening, drained some water as pool was overflowing. Pump auto off for the nite & back on the next AM. I increased the chlorine percent to compensate for water lost etc.. Did not check chlorine level & pump & swg cycled off & back on. More rain this AM & the water looked increasingly cloudy. I checked the chlorine level & test showed none-I use a Taylor kit. The swg appears to be operating ok. Displaying salt level of 4500 & am getting no error or problem messages. Thoughts?? Should i just let the swg operate at shock level for 24? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Torrential rains, drained some water & no chlorine

Thanks, will do. Do I need to shut the SWG off while I'm adding regular chlorine??

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add that I checked the salt level using Aquarite test strip & it showed salt level at 2800 or so. Should I add a bit more salt also??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.