Pool eating salt, no way!

There are three possibilities. The more likely one is that your SWG cell is right on the edge of failing. When the cell is failing the reads salt lower and lower. The second is that calcium scaling on the SWG cell plates is mimicking the same symptoms you get when the cell is failing. The remaining possibility is that you have a lot of water replacement going on, for example a leak combined with an autofill system.

Ok, SWG exactly 14 months old I wouldn't think it would be trash so soon. Just cleaned SWG in May before opening and it wasn't even scaling hardly at all. No auto fill system and no apparent leak plus strip test agreed with SWG. What can I do now? Easy touch was in service mode while it showed that does that matter?
Thank you for the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This morning when I checked the SWG the salt level was 3300, I will check it again at lunch and then after work I will do a full round of tests with my TF-100 and see where I stand.

any ideas on what is going on with the salt level?

I can understand the fluctuation of the SWG readout, but mine in steadily dropping. It was down to 3050 this morning from 3150 yesterday at lunch time. I called Pentair yesterday and they told me to just wait a few days after adding salt for a true reading. I do not know what to do if it keeps dropping and goes below the 2700 cut off. It will stop making FC. I am going to order the salt test kit but that won't do me any good if I'm not making any FC in the mean time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.