Oval pool question?

srk

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 14, 2014
North/West Ohio
We just had a 16x28 oval pool installed. Something just does not look right. Ther are 3 side supports on each side. Should the side walls look staight when looking in the pool or bow out a little bit between each support? The supports are sticking out and the wall is not smooth. The radius ends of the pool look smooth. Sorry no pictures at this time, the smart phone is smarter than me.

Thanks
Steve

Agree with woody that the straight oval pool walls bow a bit between supports. :goodjob:

We just had a 16x28 oval pool installed. Something just does not look right. Ther are 3 side supports on each side. Should the side walls look staight when looking in the pool or bow out a little bit between each support? The supports are sticking out and the wall is not smooth. The radius ends of the pool look smooth. Sorry no pictures at this time, the smart phone is smarter than me.

Thanks
Steve

Hi... Yes, they are supposed to bow between the buttresses (which are the the posts you are talking about). I just installed my oval 15 x 30 and have the same bowing within that area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.