Leslie's DPD Deluxe Test Kit - $3.83 w/ free shipping?

I would absolutely recommend it, if you are not in a hurry! Leslie's has a customer satisfaction guarantee that you will have to use.They will probably send you a Spanish kit with expired/bad reagents, verify that by checking the batch codes with Taylor(1-800-TEST-KIT), then simply call (I talked to Joyce at ext. 4242) and tell them that. They sent me an English kit with fresh reagents for NO CHARGE! Now I have extra hardware too!

New2Me said:
I then simply call (I talked to Joyce at ext. 4242) and tell them that. They sent me an English kit with fresh reagents for NO CHARGE! Now I have extra hardware too!
And that will ultimately drive up prices for everyone on refills and new kits.

When I run out of reagent and need a quick turn-around, I hit the local hardware store for Taylor reagents. The local HW store is a low volume boonie store. I never know if the reagent is good. :?: Can we decode the Lot# and determine the mfr date? :?: Taylor website says liquid reagents are designed for one year with proper storage. This is the problano w/the Leslie cheapo kits, me thinks. If no one here knows, I will investigate. But I am a lazy shy cheapo guy.

- Bill

Alfred Beachport wrote:
waterbear wrote:
And that will ultimately drive up prices for everyone on refills and new kits.

At Leslie's....

No, since the new kit was obtained by calling Taylor!

No, I called Leslie's for the replacement, I was just trying to get new reagents, but they (Joyce) said that it was easier to just send the whole kit. Maria at Taylor is who I talked to to confirm that the first reagents needed to be replaced, and that the second were "fresh". Leslie's is just trying to move product from their inventory. They may full well know that it isn't "fresh" anymore, but how are they/we to tell? If you walk in to any pool store that sells Taylor product you are relying on them to rotate stock and dispose of "not fresh" reagents. ls it better take the one at the front of the shelf or at the rear? Ever buy milk at the grocery store with a date that is older than the one next to it? Thanks to cell phones, I think that I would call 1800TESTKIT from the sales floor to check the "freshness" of any reagent before I bought it, and if it comes in the mail, I'd check it when delivered! Just like milk, "Not Fresh" reagents can stink! If there is a way to decode the lot numbers, no one here is spilling it. I think that they just add 2 to the year, and make that the last number, if it is 1-7 it is more than two years old, 8 is in its second year, 9 is one, and 0 is/was made this year. Storage is the main factor in the longevity, there's no guarantee the milk in the cooler didn't spoil in a hot truck, but at least you'll know if has been there for a year, or two!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.