First pool tests with my new TF-100

n240sxguy

May 17, 2014
Benton, KY
I posted this in my introduction thread, but I realize it probably should've been here instead.
Here is my first set of numbers:

PH 7.6-7.7

FC 8

CC 0

CH 425

TA 70

CYA 50

Those were at noon yesterday. Last night at around 10pm I checked the PH and FC again and got 7.8 and 7.5 respectively. I had turned the SWG down a bit when I got the FC of 8 yesterday.

The SWG has 5 plates in it, so I believe that makes it a Resilience A5 which is rated for a pool up to 40K gallons. The pump does not have a timer on it, so it runs 24/7. I will put a stop to that as soon as I have a chance to wire in a timer. One thing I am wondering about is the mineral pack that they were using. I took it out when we took possession of the house. It has a center core that dispenses tri-chlor. The outer pack says it has silver chloride and something else. I can't remember what it was. I didn't see anything about copper on it, so hopefully that means I don't have copper in the pool. I'm gonna see if a local pool store can check the salt and metal content for me. I'm also planning on adding a little CYA, and some acid to keep the PH in check. How does everything else look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may have been dichlor. I'll double check tonight. That part was empty either way. Our water is pretty hard here. I need to test my fill water. I haven't gotten around to that yet.

The frog system had trichlor. It also says silver chloride and carbonate. Is that silver or copper carbonate I wonder? I think I also found why the CH is so high.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the numbers I ran on my fill water.
FC 1
PH 7.6
TA 150
CH 175

According to pool math it looks like I need to add some CYA. I'll add the recommended amount to make a step to 60, then later add more to get to 70. Add some acid to drop ph to 7.5. The CH is a little high, but the CSI is in the safe range, so I assume it will just get diluted with rainwater eventually. Does all that sound about right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.