Swim Shock

Greetings, Im a new poster. Presently my pool is clear, Ive ordered the TF100 test kit. Excited to keep the pool clear all summer. I was searching for a location near me to purchase liquid chlorine to have on hand for days when the SWG doenst keep up while Im trying to figure out the proper settings. I found a product called swim shock liquid chlorine at Menards on sale for 2.49. Is this the proper stuff?

Yes, many people have stocked up on that stuff. Once a year they have it for Buy one Get one free so it comes out to two jugs for 3.99. The sale this year was April 27 thru May 11. Keep an eye for it next year.

Anything that says active ingredient is Sodium Hyperchlorite is the right stuff. The strength is the variable that changes. Bleach is mostly 6% and 8.25% and chlorine usually 10% or 12.5%. I'm very familiar with Menards Swim shock, 128oz jug of 12.5%

Also, I probably should not say "anything" that is sodium hyperchlorite is the right stuff. There is bad stuff like splashless bleach, outdoor bleach, and scented bleach that I'm really not sure what the listed ingredients are, but they should NOT be used. Plain bleach and liquid chlorine, liquid shock are the common names for what your looking for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.