Should I ignore the pool store tests?

Jul 17, 2013
Midwest City, OK
Yesterday I recorded the results of the tests included with my TF-100 test kit and compared it to the test results from a local Leslie's and a Bio-guard products store. The results differed between each testing site. FYI, first pool for me and this is about the 10th time I've performed all the TF-100 tests.

Should I ignore everything but the TF-100's test results? Any suggestions (raise TA and CYA)?
thanks
Mike

-------------------Leslie's / TF-100 / Bio-guard Store
Free Chlorine------3 -----/ --3 --/ -1.8-
Total Chlorine ---- 3 ----/-3.5 --/ -1.8-
Salt --------------- 2500 / 2970 / -3000-
CH ---------------- 210 -/ -270 -/ -360-
CYA --------------- 99 --/ --40 --/ -35-
TA ---------------- 90 --/ --70 --/ -68-
pH ---------------- 7.5 -/ --7.3--/ -7.2-

The water is Crystal Clear. Instant salt reading from SWG = 3000, water temp 84.

A tenant of TFPC is to trust your own testing. The TF-100 exists to keep people out of the pool store, instead relying on their own ability to test and interpret the results. Trust your own testing. Trust your own testing. Trust your own testing. :D

Always trust your own testing! :smile:

Now, I suggest that you retest the CYA and confirm 40. Then add CYA via sock method to reach 70. Dial in the SWG to maintain FC.

Leave TA alone, it is fine. Besides, it will lower on its own over time when you lower the pH with muriatic acid.

Have you seen the SWG balance article in Pool School ?

Oh, did we mention, trust your own testing :D

Welcome to the forum Mike :wave:

Sock method is to put it in a sock and then put the sock in your skimmer. Best to go in there a couple times a day and knead the sock. If you work it some it will dissolve quicker. If you just let it lay in there it can take a few days.

A tenant of TFPC is to trust your own testing. The TF-100 exists to keep people out of the pool store, instead relying on their own ability to test and interpret the results. Trust your own testing. Trust your own testing. Trust your own testing. :D

I like trusting my TF-100, I love it and I will trust it!

- - - Updated - - -

Water Balance for SWG's: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/138-water-balance-for-swg-saltwater-chlorine-generator

Oh, did we mention, trust your own testing :D

Welcome to TFP :wave:

I had seen the "Water Balance for SWG's". I enjoy pool school and have spent a lot of time reading here. Love it. I will trust my measurements.
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Always trust your own testing! :smile:

Now, I suggest that you retest the CYA and confirm 40. Then add CYA via sock method to reach 70. Dial in the SWG to maintain FC.

Leave TA alone, it is fine. Besides, it will lower on its own over time when you lower the pH with muriatic acid.

Have you seen the SWG balance article in Pool School ?

I hadn't seen how to add CYA, the bottle of CYA I bought simply tells you to poor it in and brush.. The sock method sounds like the way to go.
thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forum Mike :wave:

Sock method is to put it in a sock and then put the sock in your skimmer. Best to go in there a couple times a day and knead the sock. If you work it some it will dissolve quicker. If you just let it lay in there it can take a few days.
Will do
Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.