Pump Problems

Jodi

Jun 26, 2014
Pierre Part La
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what kind of pump I need. I was in the process of ordering a replacement piece for the one I have that came with the pool when I noticed several customer reviews saying that the original pumps are almost always inadequate. So instead, I decided to upgrade to one that is sure to get the job done like it's supposed to. My problem is that I have no idea how to determine what kind of pump I should use. Any advice would be awesome.. thanks!

Jodi

Hi Everyone.. I need help figuring out what kind of pump I need for my pool! I was in the process of ordering a replacement piece for the pump that came with the pool when I noticed several customer reviews stating that, as a rule, the original pumps are generally inadequate. So now, instead of ordering replacement parts, I would much rather upgrade to a more efficient pump.

Problem is, I have no idea how to determine what kind of pump I can/should use. Because the nearest pool supply store is in excess of 90 mins from my home, I'm going to be making an online purchase - which means I don't have a sales associate at my disposal to tell me what I need. I stumbled upon this forum trying to figure out where to start. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can take it from there. Any information will be helpful... thanks!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Re: Jodi

Well, we have no idea what kind of pool you have since you have not filled out our signature ;)
Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Generally you want as small as possible, but if you are talking about Intex pumps, some of them are much too small.

Jodi, Welcome. :wave:

We would love to help you but right now, it's kinda hard without knowing what kind of pool you have, how many gallons and if you have any special water features. So, if you could please fill out your signature outlined here :lookhere: What we need to know to answer your questions... someone could help you chose a pump for your pool needs. :goodjob:

Oh I'm so sorry! I can't believe I did that, smh. Here goes:

-Summer Escapes

-Ring Pool: 18 ft diameter x 48 in (4 ft) high to the top of the ring

-Pump: RP1000 pump (1000 gallon per hour) with replaceable filter cartridge.

-5,622 Gallon Capacity (at 80% full)

Btw, I followed the hyperlink from in your post to find out how to include the info in my signature, but in order to do that I had to register for an account with antsmarching.org. I'm all registered now but it'll be 3 days before I can post anything... I think. It's all a little confusing to me so thanks for the guidance!

I have no idea what site that is. You should not have to register anywhere to change your profile on this site. You are already registered here. :scratch:

You need to get off tapatalk and go to the forum through a browser.

Well for some reason it's not letting me follow the link. It sounds like because I only just registered today for antsmarching, I have to wait 3 days before I can use the signature feature. It's all kinda confusing to me :) But I've copied the info..

-Summer Escapes

-Ring Pool: 18 ft diameter x 48 in (4 ft) high to the top of the ring

-Pump: RP1000 pump (1000 gallon per hour) with replaceable filter cartridge

-5,622 Gallon Capacity (at 80% full)

There is NO time when TFP would ask you to register for other sites in order to use any feature of the forum. The signature option is open for all members right after registration, no 3 day wait period is needed.

Lee

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok, thanks- and I'm sorry. I'm brand new to this, I didn't even realize I had done it twice . I'm pretty sure your last 2 posts have helped me to make sense of things... think I am accessing y'alls forum via antsmarching.org. That could explain why when I tried to follow the links you guys left me to add the signature I was redirected to the ants homepage -where I searched signature information and then proceeded to fulfill their requirements. I'm pretty sure I crossed my wires trying to use tapatalk, so I'll be sure and take the earlier advice to use a browser instead.

So now I'm going back to where I first began my inquiry, so that I'm accessing TFP directly. Thanks for being patient with me, I appreciate the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.