TroubleFreePat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I'm running electric from my existing subpanel to my heat pump (Maybe 10' of line?) 220VAC 40amp line. I'll be running at least #10 copper.

Question is, what do I need to be using for conduit? The pool installer used a mix of flexible whips and solid pvc. So not sure what's used and when, or if it matters? Everything coming out of my subpanel now is solid, with the exception of the short line over to the SWG box. The connection for our pool lights changes from solid to flexible. And, guess I never noticed, but the power for our pump actually comes from the SWG box and that's flexible the entire way.

Picture, if it helps. Far right box is the subpanel.

2014-06-17 11.42.14.jpg

Yup, that's exactly what I was planning, as long as flexible conduit was ok. Looks like code says it must be secured within 1 foot of the connector, and 3 feet along the way. Looks like that's going to be the plan unless I hear otherwise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.