Filter and Flow Issues!!

Jul 21, 2008
I just bought a house this year and acquired a 3 year old Kayak pool with a deep end.

There has been no cover on the pool over the winter so it was a long cleaning process but I've gotten the pool upto par except for one thing.

I am constantly having to clean my filter. After one day of cleaning the filter, the flow to the skimmer and return gets significantly reduced to the point that its not making an impact.

I have hosed down my filter cartridge about 10 days already this season, its becoming a pain and I almost have to do it everytime I want to use the pool.

What options do I have to increase the flow? Will a new cartridge solve this?

Welcome to TFP!

The most likely cause is that the cartridge is extra dirty and needs to be soaked in automatic dishwashing detergent, see this post for details.

It is also possible, but quite a bit less likely, that there is some blockage in the pipes. What are your filter pressure readings right after the cartridge is cleaned and again when the flow is low?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.