Jandy AE2500 Heater not enough pressure when Pump is low

Jul 10, 2007
Ohio
Not that I need my heater right now, but I bought the Pentair Whisperflo 2-speed 1 HP pumps so that I can basically run it 24 hours per day on low, and not have to mess with a timer or anything. Well, my Heater displays a message that it has inadequate pressure on the low setting. This makes it difficult as I have to babysit my Heater/Pump setting when the weather is cooler and the heater is being used.

Is there any adjustment to that setting on the heater? Could I cause damage to it by adjusting it? I don't know what my pressure is actually when my pump is on low, should I get someone to come out and measure my pump output so I know what it is to see if there is at least "close" to enough pressure for the heater? I know the heaters have a low water pressure setting on them to protect the heater, but I can't believe this pump would not have enough on a low setting! The manual says the minimum flow is 30GPM.

--Chuck

Did it ever work on low? I have a 1.5 hp 2 speed, and my heater works on low. I don't know if the .5 hp difference would affect heaters or not. The heater is VERY sensitive to the pressure tho, and if the filter is dirty it won't work on low, and is iffy on high, my PSI gauge won't move at all, but the heater will stop running. I don't know if it can be adjusted down or not, that might be worth a call to the manufacturer to check... if it worked at some point, could there be a pressure issue with the filter?

I don't believe it ever worked. I never really fired it up in the fall because it was too late in the year when I got it all installed, and of course my builder is no longer in business! It does not have enough flow even after a backflush of the filter, I just confirmed that. I will try the manufacturer

I'm going to assume that the heater works on high. FWIW, I measured my pump (1 HP, 1 Speed) with the solar on I only got 30 GPM. I don't know how many returns you have, but you might be able to do what I did, tkae a short hose, and put it in a 5 gal. bucket and time how long it takes to fill the bucket.

HTH,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.