"Water sensor open" default code

Dec 7, 2012
I have an aqualogic control board for my pool and the red "check system" light periodically comes on and the default code says "water sensor open." Sometimes the light goes away while other times it stays on for an extended period of time. I haven't changed anything with my pool so what would cause this light to come on and what do I need to do to correct it? Thanks.

How old is the pool? Most of those last quite awhile, but to test it make sure you have water flow so as to not damage the cell, then get an old telephone cord strip and the wires of insulation, then twist them together to short out all 4 wires. Or short two at time until you find the pair the unit is reading.

When you plug it in and the trouble stops, then it's your flow sensor. Also it could be the wire itself if someone damaged it.

I don't think that it's the flow sensor. I think that it's the 10k thermister that checks the water temperature. It's an easy fix. Part number GLX-PC-12-KIT. A clamp holds on the sensor and the two wires go into a terminal block in the box. Make sure that all power if off before going in the box and don't do anything that you are not sure you can do safely.

If it was the flow sensor, then the error would say no flow.

Also, be very cautious if you ever jump a sensor for testing purposes. Never jump a sensor unless you know exactly what you're doing and never leave the sensor jumped for more than a second or two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.