NEWBIE - TA and Muriataic Acid

BTW, lowering your TA has NOTHIHG to do with BBB. No matter what method of pool care you use you would need to lower TA. The method we uise here works and is based on science, not myths that have been entrenched into the pool industry. acid-column-myth-t1089.html
BBB is just good pool maintenance that usually uses liquid chlorine and generic chemicals and the main thing it stresses is testing your water so you know what to add and how much to add. It's not a 'magic method' , just good pool care. It's was pool service professionals have been doing for yeears and charging a lot of money for! I take care of some commercial pools and it's exactly what we do there. (Oc course, we use peristaltic dosing pumps for the liquid chlorine and acid and automate a lot of stuff but the basic priciples are the same. We actually test the water every 2 hours while the pools and spas are open, and we use Taylor test kits!)

Well, we attempted adding a fountain to the pool slide flexible hose, but by the time we added the extra 7lbs of connections to the hose, we decided the hose more than likely would come loose, causing more problems, so we nixed the fountain/slide hose idea. My pH finally did rise to 7.8 on its own (took forever) and I again lowered it to 7.2 with acid. It is now another waiting game for the pH to rise again on its own. We were wondering if you guys thought maybe a very large acquarium pump might help add the necessary bubbles. We saw one for a 500 gallon tank and was wondering if it might help my problem? It has a 5/8 inch tube on it. Maybe add edtra air stones to it? We tried the submersible pump but we are afraid it would eventually burn out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.