Just Discovered TFP, Just Opened Goliath Pool, Just Reconsidered My Life Choices

Haha, guys, my landlord and I are good friends. I'm not going to lie to him. :D

We came to a middle ground. The floc will be added in overnight (no sun to burn up FC), pump will be shut off. By morning, if it hasn't clumped and sunk debris, pump's going back on, like nothing ever happened.

Algae Exterminator's Log - Day 013, Entry 001: Put floc in last night. Took FC up to 17.5 and shut pump off around 9:00PM. In the morning at 9:00AM, the floc had accomplished nothing, and my FC was 15, for a loss of 2.5. CC has been 0.5 for the last week or so.

From 9:00AM until now, I've lost 6 FC. Just put a jug of bleach in.

I say the floc did nothing, but my landlord and I blind vacuumed this morning and evicted four full skimmer baskets of leaves from the pool. I'm tempted to wonder if they were suspended in the water and the floc sunk them, because all of my brushing, raking, and vacuuming before never came close to producing that much.

The Swamp is looking beautiful today. It's so close. Pump is back on, and I'm enjoying the World Cup today while caring for the chlorine!

oGo0ct3l.jpg

Happy Independence Day for those of us in the US!!! :party::party::party::salut:

Algae Exterminator's Log - Day 016, Entry 001: Missed a few days of the log, due to two Independence Day parties. However, there's basically nothing to report. I've all but won the war, with FC dropping less than 1 per night, and 0 CC for the past three nights. I'm just waiting for the water to clear to let up on the SLAM. The clarity improves every day, and I'm still vacuuming, brushing, and adding DE as often as possible.

The Swamp, Reclaimed.

N2xi3xQl.jpg

The Bleach Graveyard, Reorganized. (It's 102)

LzaRYoLl.jpg

It's been very difficult keeping FC up during the day. We've had relentless sun here in north GA for the past 8 days or so, with no end in sight.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Algae Exterminator's Log - Day 017, Entry 001: Not much to report. Less than 1 FC loss overnight, 0 CC, clarity improving slowly but surely. I swept this morning and got some brown clouds... I think it may be just dirt honestly, because with so little chlorine loss, I can't be killing that much algae at this point, can I? Either way, it's looking better every day!

FkKUIosl.jpg

Also, I can clearly see the liner pattern on the floor of the shallow end now! I tried desperately to get a picture of it, but the reflection wouldn't allow it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.