tF100 Options?

Jun 19, 2014
Edmond, Oklahoma
Buying my first TF-100 today for a new pool currently under construction. I am looking at adding the XL option. I'm kind of a nerd and see a lot of unnecessary extra testing while I am getting my bearings. I can't tell by looking at the site which of the reagents are increased with the XL option. Is that posted somewhere and I am just missing it? If not, can someone here tell me which reagents come with the XL?

As for the SpeedStir. I brew my own beer and use a magnetic stir plate to grow brewer's yeast. Is there something special about the SpeedStir? Or would I be able to drop a 1" stir bar (I have several) in my test tube with the reagent and use that?

Also, for the extra stir bars if I go with the speed stir, will any standard 1" stir bar work? Like I said, I have several for use with my other hobby.

The XL comes with double the powder and drops for the FAS-DPD chlorine test. If you're clearing a swamp, you'll need it. If you're OCD, you might as well get it and save shipping later. The other reagents are readily available in local pool stores if you run out; the FAS-DPD test is almost unheard of in stores.

If you already have the stirrer, use it. The speedstir has a lip that keeps the vial centered, that's about it. I ordered spare 8*25mm stirbars from a brewer's supply on eBay and they look exactly the same. So you're set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.