Pervious Concrete Pool Deck

Lizbethmcq

LifeTime Supporter
May 31, 2014
Parkesburg PA
Has anyone used pervious concrete for their pool deck? Internet research shows that "it can be used" for pool decks but I'm not finding any examples of this being done. Wondering what anyone who has done this (if there is anyone) thinks, are you happy with it, any issues? Hoping this may be a way around doing storm water management for my pool build, or at least reduce the size of the system I would have to put in. Thanks!

Liz

Have you actually seen and walked on pervious concrete? If you had I doubt you would be thinking about it. It is rough -- no make that extremely rough.

Attached is a brochure on pervious concrete. http://www.scvurppp-w2k.com/worksho...ous Concrete Maintenance slides 1 thru 20.pdf

I am familiar with Banister Park in Fair Oaks, CA shown on the brochure. That parking lot is not something you want to walk on in bare feet, let alone run and jump into a pool from. I get concerned when my children ride their bikes on it.

In addition, one reason to have concrete is to channel water away from the pool area so it doesn't affect the pool structure. The more water you keep away from the pool structure the better your pool.

I don't think you would be happy with pervious concrete.

Thanks gwegan, yes I am aware of most pervious concrete being quite rough, but if you use a fine rounded aggregate that no longer is a factor. The bigger problem seems to be the size and type of job. Most pervious contractors do large jobs justifying large batches of material this job would be too small and more specialized than just a driveway or sidewalk. I was curious about the water getting in and around the pool if that was an issue and it sounds like it might be.

There is a pool near me with a pervious deck, I'm going to contact that homeowner and see if I can go take a look at it.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.