How do these numbers look?

zimm

May 6, 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
My screened porch/deck is under contruction so I've left my loop-loc security cover on the whole season so far. The pump & SWG (35%) are running 4hrs a day. Water is clear, but some stuff on the bottom since I only vacuumed once when I opened the pool in May (then put the cover back on)

Numbers:

Date 5/14
FC 13
CC .5
PH 7.2
TA 80
CH 190
CYA 30
Salt 2900

Date 6/24
FC 9
CC .5
PH 7.5
TA 70
CH 160
CYA 50 (added 4 pounds)
Salt 2900 (added 160 pounds to maintain)

I'm concerned with the calcium harness. We've had a lot of rain and I added 11 pounds of "hardness" when I opened the pool but it's still dropping. What about the upward Ph shift? FC is still slowly working its way down from the opening SLAM process. I could drop the SWG % down a bit, but when the cover comes off soon, the sun will start working on that chlorine.

FC is a little higher than it needs to be, which also contributes to PH increase, so turn down the percentage.

You can let the PH go higher. Try keeping it in the 7.5 to 7.8 range instead of lowering it that much.

You definitely want CH up to at least 250, probably more like 300.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.