Interesting cater this weekend

Molson

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2008
Midland, Ontario
We catered an event up in northern Ontario this weekend, near Huntsville if anyone is familiar with the province. This was a lake association dinner. We were advised we'd be cooking on the beach, neat we said.
Cooked for 110, I think we served around 95, very few leftover which we love. (Cause we got it right)
Since this location was about 1.5 hours from home, we hauled our 24 foot RV trailer, as well as the 18 foot enclosed with our gear. We arrived, and found this.

"can you get your trailer and trucks down here?"
"umm, yeah, no problem, do it all the time.... :shock: "
catering007.jpg

catering006.jpg

So, over an hour later, we get the trailer squeezed in on the beach. (we had to unload a few hundred pounds of gear, it was a controlled slide down the hill)

I didn't get many pics cause we were busy, but I got a couple of the setup.

We fed 95ish with 2 Texans, 1 Professional and a Executive. (Traegers) could have used one more.

catering003.jpg

catering002.jpg

catering004.jpg

catering012.jpg

catering016.jpg

heh, that blue handed fella is my partner :)

We cooked up 45 racks of back ribs, 4 pork shoulders for pulled pork and 40 chicken quarters. As well and sausages and hot dogs. Also had side salads (slaw, macaroni and potato) and dessert trays.

We pre and post sold cooked and wraped racks of ribs for "take out" also. We're considering cryo-vac'ing racks for sale and shipment, anyone intersted? :D

That sounded like a fun trip down to the beach.

Couple of questions from an East Coaster who is tired of propane bbq's always suffering rusting around the burners and having to replace them constantly. Would I get that problem from one of yours? Is it easy to cook chicken/steak/ribs on those. I am ready to make a move to a differrent model.

Rik

pooladdict said:
That sounded like a fun trip down to the beach.

Couple of questions from an East Coaster who is tired of propane bbq's always suffering rusting around the burners and having to replace them constantly. Would I get that problem from one of yours? Is it easy to cook chicken/steak/ribs on those. I am ready to make a move to a differrent model.

Rik

Hey Rik.

There are no burner's in a Traeger.There is a firepot. The firepot is fed by an auger. The heat is controlled digitally via a thermostat. (180-550 degrees) It makes awesome steaks! I haven't found anything I can't cook on it. One thing though, if you keep it outside, you need to keep it covered when not in use, or keep it in a shed/garage.

If you want to talk more about them, send me a PM or an email, I actually have a couple we use for competition that we can get rid of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.