LED Light?

Jun 5, 2007
8)

Installing a Barrier Reef Fiberglass Pool. Rectangle 35 Feet by 14 Feet. Ocen Blue in color. The pool contractor is give me a "free light" (yeah like anything is really free). So I want to upgrade to a LED light. Any feedback on the LED lights offered out there....? There is the Hayward ColorLogic 2.5 and 3.0. and the SuperVision SaVi LED Light. Any advice?

I can tell you my only concern with the Hayward Colorlogic light is that you cannot replace it. You have to buy a whole new light and replace all the wiring etc.

I have seen other LED replacement lights that use an edison end (normal screw in type) that can be used in a "normal" pool light fixture. With the lifetime of an LED maybe it is not worth worrying about, but with my luck I would loose some LEDs on the third year and be looking at $600 to replace it.

For this reason I'm leaning towards one of the replacement LED bulbs in a R40 socket for my pool, and a R20 socket for my spa.

My $0.02

dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.