DEAD ALGAE!! About to just drain whole pool

In pool math at the bottom it gives you gallons for any size pool. Yours should be 6700 gallons. I don't know what your budget is, but I do remember what a pain cartridges were. I went with a sand filter and for me it works so much better and easier to maintain. Just an option.

Glenn

Like jbizzle said, there's just no way around it. Clogging is good! It means the stuff that used to be in the pool is now trapped in the filter and can be rinsed out. Either patiently filter it out or drain and start over. Draining costs $$$ for new water and chemicals though.

You'll just have to put up with cleaning the filter daily, twice daily, whatever it takes. Either that or spend more money on a larger cartridge filter or sand filter - but that's just a waste of money.

Everyone else has covered the filter aspect.

I'm going to mention the chemistry. If you aren't killing the algae faster than it can reproduce, you'll just have an endless supply of bleached carcasses that will never ever clear, no matter how often you clean the filter.

:testresults:

Thanks for the information guys. All I have is test strips right now. My kit is in mail. Draining pool isn't gonna cost me a lot of money. I pay 38 dollars a month no matter how much water I use. I am gonna acid wash my cartridge and buy a second one so I can just keep switching them out. Or should I just drain it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.