Can't get CC to drop

Feb 23, 2013
Pool is crystal clear (even after being gone a week and having someone only add 2 cups of chlorine a day and only running the filter without the waterfall setting during the day).

We aren't losing FC at night...during the day we have about a 37% drop (from 23 to 14.5 over 11 hours). CC went from 1 to 2.

We have cleaned behind the lights and in the waterfall. Not sure how to clean the cover...we don't have a clean place big enough to lay it out.

Could the rock waterfall be affecting this?

I was slamming for over a week before going on vacation. Already resumed slamming on Sunday. How much should I raise the chlorine? I have been trying to keep it at the slam level of 22 (per my cya of 55).

I'd take off your solar cover for at least part of a day or a full day as the UV in sunlight should get rid of much of the CC (depending on what the CC is composed of) by breaking down chlorine into powerful oxidizers (hydroxyl radicals) that oxidize many chemicals including CC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.