Older Spa No Longer Produces Air Bubbles

Our in-ground pool/spa are about 30 years old and we've been diligent about maintenance because we use the spa almost daily. Today, when we were enjoying a nice glass of wine in the spa, all of a sudden the air bubbles stopped, but water was still being pumped. I went to the equipment and saw water coming out of the air intake pipe. When I reversed the Ortega valves for normal pool operation, cold water started coming out of the cold port in the spa with more pressure than required for just equalization. Reversing back for spa operation returned to the problem described above.

Anyone ever have this happen? Any suggestions? I'm thinking I'll look inside the air intake pipe to see if a critter got up in there. Any input would be most appreciated!

Sounds like there might be something blocking one of the venturis. Remove all the spa jets, deep inside the spa wall with a long socket wrench, and see if you can flush out the lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.