Is this used to add chemicals?

Robb0h

Apr 17, 2013
We bought our house with the pool already here. At the bottom of this there is return coming out, which fills up the whole thing and then it drains into the tube which leads out an "eyeball" in the shallow end.

Is it for putting tablets in? That's the first thing that popped to mind...

It's dirty! I hadn't been able to get it open since we moved in. I happened to be spraying down everything and shot the hose blast into the eyeball as I was walking around the shallow end and the buildup of pressure popped the top off finally.

usu8atas.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Rob, :wave:

I'm not sure what it's for but maybe someone else does.

Jblizzle, no discoloration around the entrance.

Blueskies21, Swung by a pool supply store for a strainer basket and showed the guy there that pic and that was his guess, but I'd guess no because if I don't fill the pool with the hose, it will go down, and with the flow I feel coming from the bottom of this thing, I can't imagine the level of the pool going down. IE - the same flow from the hose will noticeably raise the level of the pool in several hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.