Cloudy water after swimming

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
I'm just bust'd&can't figure out.The past couple year's every time I have people over to swim.Water will get cloudy within the hour of swimming.I've tried increasing clorine&still doesn't work.I check'd water after ther swim today.Now mind'd that I alway's add clorine in the evening's.I decided to check while there were still in water.Test result's.FC 3 CC 0 Alk 70 PH 7.5.CYA 45.I noticed that FC has fell below the min of 4 with my CYA being 45.Like I said I've tried running it higher.But,the problem is I start having a bleach smell.

Since I am using my phone I won't go in to great detail, but if you smell chlorine when you raise your FC that means it is reacting with something. Sounds like a good SLAM is in order as you might have algae just waiting for its chance to explode.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt.

It's normal to have a drop in FC and even some cloudiness after a lot of swimmers. The other alternative is that you aren't brushing enough and the swimmers disturb all the dust that is clinging to the walls and floor and getting it into suspension, hence the cloudy appearance.

Richard,thank's.I was wondering the samething.Ugg!!!Got start getting out the brush:snorkle:
It's normal to have a drop in FC and even some cloudiness after a lot of swimmers. The other alternative is that you aren't brushing enough and the swimmers disturb all the dust that is clinging to the walls and floor and getting it into suspension, hence the cloudy appearance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.