Suction Cleaner Stops Unexpectedly!?!?!?

pcloud

May 2, 2014
Colorado
I recently purchased a Hayward AquaBug. It worked well for the first week, but now will not maintain any sort of movement. I have it connected directly to the wall intake and straight into the pump and sand filter. It is not plugged and will draw water if I remove the hose and re-attach it. The problem is, it runs for about a minute and STOPS. The suction is great at the end of the hose and at the bottom of the bug even after it stops.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Thank you, DaneCE. I have done that and he'll run for a minute and just stop in place. The feet are moving quickly, I have great suction on the bottom of the unit and great pressure at the return. Thankfully, he got the pool sparkling clean before going on strike. I'll return him and get a new one and see if the problem repeats itself or not. Thanks again for the reply!

OK, yeah, I would return it also if you have good suction and everything else is in good order. I offered the backwash idea because that's the only reason my cleaner will stop moving. I have a $120 Pentair Kreepy Krauly Lil Shark that does a very good job despite the small wrinkles(low spots) in my liner where that super-fine dirt likes to hide from the slight whirlpool-like circulation.

Thank you for the reply, gtnos. It seems to be running a little better than before and you are right it is a suction problem. I followed the advice of DaneCE and backflushed for about 6-7 minutes and this did seem to boost my suction power. The bot will not maintain his motion longer than he would before. I hated to dump all that water, but at least it made the pool colder and got the bot running for now. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.