Pump and SWG off for repair

Sep 17, 2013
DFW metroplex
Due to a repair/replacement of the scuppers for sheer descents on Saturday and the horrendous pile of stone and mortar they left in the bottom of the pool we had to leave the pump and SWG off until they came and vacuumed up all the debris today. That left me with an extremely dirty cloudy pool. Finally turned everything on and ran the tests - can you tell me what to do first? Will the SWG catch up or should I add bleach, shock? Help!

FC - 0
CC - 0
PH - 8.2+
CH - 825
TA - 80
CYA - 40

You need to get the PH down right away. With CH that high you are at extreme risk of calcium scaling if you let PH get as high as it is. Deal with this first.

Manually add about 7 or 8 ppm of chlorine and see if the SWG can pick up from there. Watch the FC level, if it falls rapidly you may need to SLAM the pool.

Medium term, assuming the pool has been plastered more than a month ago, you want to raise the CYA level to between 70 and 80.

Thanks Jason, the PH is an issue I've been dealing with from day one - been adding acid every other day to keep it in check until they came out to change the stone scuppers to sheer descents to attempt to alleviate the water hitting the wall. They left such a mess I wasn't going to have it ruin the pump, plaster or Polaris trying to run it. The PB is supposed to be adding an acid tank to assist with the ph as well since we already have scaling. Thank God I've been testing it every other day instead of the once a week they recommended - it would be so much worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.