My Quest Begins - New Pool Owner - w/ Detailed Pics

Hello all!!! It's been a while but I've finally had a little time to get back to working on the pump. I've updated the first post with a status update and images. I may have pump & flow related questions soon. Waterfall works great with certain settings. The spa jets don't push the water like it should but I think that's due to the booster pump not working. I could be wrong.

Re: My Quest Begins - New Pool Owner

Update 20160527 - Purchased a new pump. The previous owners had a 3/4hp pump as the primary pump for the pool. To get things running for the weekend I purchased the Jandy PHPM1.0.

Re: My Quest Begins - New Pool Owner

My skimmer isn't working. When the pump is on, no matter what I do on the pump side there is no activity (bubbles etc...) at the skimmer. When I run the water fall, spa, or suction at the main drain still no activity. I've tried snaking the line, compressed air, wet vac, and the Drain King and non of them fixed the issue. I did some research and came across a common Flex PVC issue. I have an Anthony Sylvan pool and I'm almost sure that the Flex PVC is the cause of my skimmer not working. I'll be digging any day now and will replace the PVC. I'll need to do more reading to find out why people are choosing Flex PVC and the other gray PVC (I forget the name). I'm not sure what I'll be replacing the flex pvc with but as long as I can get it working.

In my search I came across this thread and for the record I have the two holes and have the small plastic disk that goes over both of the holes. I'm not sure if the second hole is capped, go to the waterfall, or the main drain.

Any constructive suggestions are more than welcome. I'm aware of placing a jack and block under the concrete when I dig for support.

Two questions:
1: If the skimmer repair is more than expected can the pool still be used?
2: The spa jets never have the force you would expect from a spa. Is this normal, pumps not strong enough, pressure leak or? (I have a pump that operates the spa and waterfall and one that operate the pool.)

Thanks in advance!

2) are there eyeballs on the spa jets? if they are missing that might account for the lack of force.

That pool is really neat..I'm jealous!

There's one out of the three eye balls missing. I forgot the mention there are two other inlet holes that the main pump push water through. they aren't shaped like the "eyeball" holes. and thank you! I was this close "ii" to filling it in. This year was my last year at seeing what works and what doesn't. More work to do but again thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.