Gunk on bottom of pool

Jun 24, 2014
Chapel Hill, NC
So I have a fiberglass 14,000 pool, there is something on the bottom of our pool that looks like globs of white and black, when I clean it with the vacuum it turns the pool completely cloudy. I shocked it with aquaclear, and chlorine tablets in my skimmer. It was crystal clear except for the stuff on the bottom so when I looked at it the bottom of the pool looked like it had dirt on the bottom and when I used the vacuum again it turned my pool cloudy again. I just don't know what to do, this is now the 4th time and my pool company says the pool water is perfect but if the stuff is there on the bottom I need to shock it. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum.

What you need to do depends on what the "stuff" is.

Can you post your latest water test results and a picture of the "stuff" would be worth a thousand words, literally.

You can best get an idea of how we take car of out pools here. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/78871-Another-Green-Pool-Battle We don't use pool store advise or chemicals much, if at all. The fact they are telling you the water is "perfect" is why.
Please do a little reading as it might save you a lot of heartburn with someone at the pool store selling you something to try compared with knowing what will work. Might save some $$$ in the process too :whoot:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.