Solar Panel System Replacement

Jun 24, 2014
Sebring, Fl.
Hello,

I am new to the forum and need some advice and replacing my solar panel system myself. I live in central Florida. I purchased my home which was built in 1998. I assume my existing solar system is about that old. I need to replace because it is leaking from almost all panels (8). I don't remember the panel manufacture but I do know it is no longer made. I have been reading about the Fafco system but would like to hear reviews about it and where I can purchase. I would appreciate any and all advice.. By the way, my pool is approx: 13,400 gallons.

Gary

I have FAFCO panels and I like the system. My wife and kids LOVE it.

FAFCO is sold through dealers who have exclusive territories. Its difficult to purchase without installation. You could find your local dealer and see if he will sell you parts. You can try craigslist, ebay and amazon. They do occasionally show up.

All these systems have different ways of attaching to your roof so you may have to modify or replace the roof anchors.

Also FAFCo has different models of panels that are somewhat incompatible with each other, so if you get parts from different sources you need to be sure they all work.

Good luck and post pictures!!!

We had a Fafco rep/executive post here some last year and in one of his messages he did say Fafco would sell to the DIY market, but does not actively advertise this. His signature was listed as:

Jason Szumlanski
Vice President
Fafco Solar
FafcoSolar.com | Blog: SolarSouthwestFlorida.com

Perhaps you could try to contact him through the fafco web page, or his blog

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.