Chlorine dissloving but no level

Jun 24, 2014
Montreal
Since starting up this year I managed to get the pool from swamp black to crystal clear through shocking and algicide.
I use an offline chlorinator with 3" pucks and they have been dissolving normally.
Using test sticks show the ph is good but have not had any chlorine show up on the stick.
As well I don't smell it.
But...the pool is clear and algae free.
This can't be normal.

We're not huge fans of test strips...and really not a fan of pucks for daily chlorination.

If you want to know what's going on with your pool I'd suggest you buy one of the recommended test kits, this will shed some light most definitely.

Also regarding Chlorination techniques, I'd say You might visit the pool school tab above.

There's a lot of reading, but it's worthwhile.

Hello,
Something is consuming the chlorine, probably algae, have you read pool school at all? The knowledge base is there. If you have some bleach/liquid chlorine, add some to a cup a little bit, mix with water, and try one of your strips in the solution. You should get a reading. At least you'll know the strips are working some what. You can add bleach to your pool to quickly get the chlorine level up.
It's very important to know your CYA level, so you can keep you chlorine level in the proper range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.