New motot or whole new pump?

tpcorr

Jun 6, 2008
After a day or two of making high pitched squealing sounds, my Whisperflo Dual speed pump motor finally died. When I try to power it up it just hums. The model of the pump is WFDS-26. It's about 13 years old. I can buy a new motor, shaft seals and gaskets for about $400. I can buy the same exact pump for about $620. So here are my questions:

1. For a $200 difference do you think I should buy the whole new pump, it seems like a better deal to me.

2. Is there a better pump out there for my money?

3. The only water feature I have is a pool slide, and the current pump, 1.5/ 0.25 hp, had no problem sending enough water to it.

4. I'm not inclined to upgrade to intelliflo for a third more in price

I did call my pool guy when the pump first started acting up 2 days ago, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Tom

Usually easier to take the pump to a pool store or motor shop to be sure you are getting the right thing. Parts change over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.