Seeking advice on setting up Intex 9x18

Jun 23, 2014
Ottawa
Here's what I'm doing, tell me if/where I'm going wrong:

I'm digging an 11x20 foot patch of turf out of my lawn, plan to level dirt as much as possible to a depth of a little over two inches, then put a layer of sand (any particular kind of sand? ), wet it down and then buy something to flatten it down firmly and level. Then we put up the pool.

Questions:

Is that "footprint large enough to contain the bars or whatever they're called that hold the thing out, or should i go wider.

Should i use 2x3 pieces of wood along border to contain the sand?

the pool comes with a pump, should i buy a separate salt pump system from walmart which goes for around $200 CAD?

Thanks!!! 12 year old desperate to swim!

G'day and welcome to TFP... :)

I have the exact same pool.....

The exact measurements of your pool - including the support legs - is 6.05m x 3.30m.... Sorry I'm metric .... The part of the pool liner that will be touching the ground will be 5.50m x 2.75m......

Here is the intex diagram....

Reactions: hankthetank2020
You're going to need some heavy duty pavers under those U legs as they will sink into the ground. That pool will excert a lot of pressure onto the ground. You will need pavers over 2" thick as the 12"x12"x1" pavers are snapping like twigs under them.

Here's what I'm doing, tell me if/where I'm going wrong:

I'm digging an 11x20 foot patch of turf out of my lawn, plan to level dirt as much as possible to a depth of a little over two inches, then put a layer of sand (any particular kind of sand? ), wet it down and then buy something to flatten it down firmly and level. Then we put up the pool.

Questions:

Is that "footprint large enough to contain the bars or whatever they're called that hold the thing out, or should i go wider.

Should i use 2x3 pieces of wood along border to contain the sand?

the pool comes with a pump, should i buy a separate salt pump system from walmart which goes for around $200 CAD?

Thanks!!! 12 year old desperate to swim!

Hi... I had the same exact pool up last year. My footprint for the area was 13' x 22'. I created a box using 2 x 6 lumber as a perimeter, cleared about 3-4" of grass and dirt, tamped the soil firm, put in about 1.5 - 2 yards of sand, tamp it down, and used 16"x16" pavers for each support leg set in the sand and level with sand surface. My footprint was a little larger than I needed, but it allowed me to put the ladder at any point around the pool without having it fall outside of the boxed area and possibly become unsteady. The ladder that comes with that pool is not the best. It does the job, but a bit wobbly, so if you have the opportunity to get better ladder, do it. If you have the space, use that footprint and you won't regret it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.